Opportunities at Maranatha Christian
Maranatha Christian Academy is located on the west side of the Kansas City metro area in Shawnee, Kansas. A Preschool, Elementary, Junior and Senior High academy of 540 plus students, MCA was founded in 1974 and is accredited by AdvancED and ACSI. As a community Christian school there are 100 different churches represented in our student body. Our mission is to train and equip students for life and service to Jesus Christ through a Biblical worldview, Character development and Academic excellence as they become world-changers.
Head of School
Maranatha Christian Academy’s Head of School is the President, superintendent and lead administrator of the school. In concert with the Board of Directors, the Head of School is responsible for Maranatha Christian Academy’s success. The Head of School provides spiritual, educational, and administrative leadership to the Academy’s campuses and programs. It is the Head of School’s responsibility to inspire, lead, and direct all phases of Maranatha Christian Academy’s operations, including curriculum development, personnel matters, and the execution of all educational programs. The Head of School is also responsible for optimizing all other support programs and ancillary functions necessary for a successful school, including budget, facilities operations, missions, and sports.
7-12th Grade Spanish Teacher
High School English Teacher
Contact Susan Hanson for these positions firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary School Recreation Supervisor
The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the safety, recreation, and security of school age children. Supervision is provided daily after school hours and on non-instructional days.
- Supervision of recreation activities and homework
- Coordination of safety and security of children on the school grounds
- Enforce school and after care policies
- Communicate effectively with parents and students
- Manage multiple tasks
- Light record keeping
- A Christian who agrees with the Academy’s Statement of Faith (see application)
- Education and/or training in the supervision of young people
- Work related experience with children and adolescents
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities related to recreation and learning
- Capability of building relationships with students and parents
- Ability to understand and give information
- Computer Skills and Internet Use
- Willingness to adhere to protocols, procedures, policies set by the school
- Strong biblical character and philosophy
- Children’s health assessment training
Hours of Supervision:
Regular school days 3 – 6 pm
Occasional partial days 12 – 6 pm
Non-instruction days 4 – 8 hours
Contact: Karen Wagoner, Elementary School Secretary
913-631-1715 ext. 360
CDL Licensed Drivers
Drivers must hold a current CDL License Class-B, with School Bus/Passenger Endorsements. Candidates will have a clear driving record, a positive and evident Christian attitude and be willing to drive some evenings and/or days. Flexible scheduling.
Contact Ted Hanlon for this position.
913-631-0637 ext. 320
We will accept applications throughout the year for substitute teachers and/or CDL certified bus drivers.