K-12 Round 1: Priority Re-Enrollment Period
MCA is no longer offering TK as of 2022-2023 SY
Are you a new family to Maranatha Christian Academy? Please visit our Admissions Page to learn more about MCA, admissions process, and our Save Your Seat-Priority New Student Enrollment.
We are excited that you have chosen us to continue working with you to teach your children in the way that they should go, that is to rear them in a Biblical Worldview, and to pursue excellence in all that they do to the glory of God.
If you are current family, and wish to add an application for a new enrollee to MCA please contact the Admissions Director at email@example.com.
K thru 12th MCA’s Priority Re-Enrollment is now open for the 2022-2023 school year.
Step 1: PowerSchool Re-Enrollment
All currently enrolled MCA families are invited to take the this step of the enrollment process done through the Online PowerSchool Enrollment form. Log into PowerSchool here. See “Get Started” for prompts.
Please Note: Each form must be filled in individually for each student. You may change the student you are enrolling for from the top of the PowerSchool page. Your student will not be officially enrolled until you complete this step (1 of 2.)
Step 2: Smart Tuition (Blackbaud Tuition) Enrollment
This step includes your annual financial commitment and your financial responsibilities. You will find the link for this step toward the end of your Online PowerSchool Re-Enrollment form (above.)
Please Note: Families may finish this step for all of their students together. Your student will not be officially enrolled until you complete this step (2 of 2.)
Both of these steps must be completed for each student to be enrolled.
MCA is no longer offering TK as of 2022-2023 SY
All families looking to re-enroll should select the appropriate link below.
There are 3 Enrollment Rounds in which families can enroll. Enrollment will not be open outside of these windows.*
- Round 1: Priority Re-Enrollment (Current Families only)
- Now – February 28
- Current families may apply for financial aid through Smart Aid during this time and be considered in the first round of awards. Award announcements will be made in late March. Smart Aid is the gateway for applying for MCA Financial Aid, Michael’s Project, and ACE scholarships. Additional applications are also required for Michael’s Project and ACE scholarships, but the Smart Aid is the first step.
- Round 2: Open Enrollment – First Phase – Scheduling Advantage
- March 1 – April 1, 2022.
- For incoming secondary students (6th – 12th grade):
- Course requests will be accepted for the 2022-2023 school year on April 4th – April 7th. In order to be eligible to participate in the first round of course selections, you must be enrolled for next school year by April 1st.
- Students applying for Student Council or class officer positions, must be enrolled for the 2022-2023 school year by April 1st.
- Students applying for Specialty classes and leadership positions such as Yearbook or Chapel Leadership must be enrolled for the 2022-2023 school year by April 1st.
- All families may apply for financial aid through Smart Aid during this time period. Award announcements will be made in late April. Smart Aid is the gateway for applying for MCA Financial Aid, Michael’s Project, and ACE scholarships. Additional applications are also required for Michael’s Project and ACE scholarships, but the Smart Aid is the first step.
- Round 3: Open Enrollment – Second Phase
- April 10, 2022 – Ongoing
*The following things may be helpful:
- Materials helpful to have when filling out your form include: important contact phone numbers, your insurance information, doctor’s info, your credit/debit card or checkbook (if paying by ACH you may use the routing and account info,) etc.
- When selecting your preferred payments for tuition you may elect to change payment methods or details anytime after you submit your choices between now and June. Please contact Smart or change your preferences via their online parent portal before that date. MCA cannot make those changes for you.
- Please remember, all tuition discounts are applied prior to your first tuition invoice.
- Don’t miss the FAQs below!
Int'l I-20 Enrollment
*Enrollment fees are non-refundable and must be paid at time of enrollment, annually. Enrollment fees There is also a Smart Tuition Fee of $75.00 per family required annually at enrollment.
Is this Registration PowerSchool?
Step 1 is in PowerSchool. When you update your information for us in your enrollment it will also update your family/student information in PowerSchool. One less step for everyone. If you need to update your information after enrolling, please contact the Registrar.
Step 2 is in Smart Tuition. MCA uses Smart Tuition to enable financial account management to be unique to each of our families based on what works best for their family.
Can Re-enrollment be access from the PowerSchool App or Smart Tuition App on my phone?
No. It is recommended that both enrollment steps be completed from a computer in the browser of your choice.
I have a currently enrolled TK student, can I Re-enroll here for Kindergarten?
Yes. Yes, you can! In fact, you should not use our online Application form. Your student is not new. You are already in the MCA family. You just need to re-enroll and graduate that bundle up to Kindergarten! If you have additional questions contact the Registrar.
Why, when I log in from PowerSchool, does it tell me my child not is avaiable for re-enrollment?
Normally, this happens because when you logged into PowerSchool initially your parent account was defaulted to showing a student that is a current 12th grader. We love your 12th graders but, they are leaving us!
If you will close your Re-Enrollment page and go back to PowerSchool and then click on your student from the middle top of the page, then, on the left, using the drop down arrow change to a student in a lower grade, you can then enter into the re-enrollment process.
What do I do when I confirm my child's birth date to log in and it says it is incorrect?
One of the important things we are being sure to double check in our process is that we have the correct data in our system. If we have accidentally entered or have received the incorrect birth date, it will make it so you can’t log in! Good news though, if you will reach out to our Registrar, your information will be confirmed and changed quickly and you will be right back on your way!
Does enrolling early affect my class scheduling?
Yes, as part of our enrollment process, secondary students who enroll will be given access to class scheduling on a first-come, first-serve basis. Core classes will still be required of course, but electives will fill up quickly! Enroll as soon as you can!
Do I choose my classes during re-enrollment?
No, after your enrollment is confirmed you will be contacted that your classes may be scheduled in PowerSchool. Scheduling will be released as enrollment is confirmed. You will not want to delay once you are notified though, if you do not sign up for classes by the time they open for others you may forfeit your spot.
Do I need to Enroll with Smart Tuition Separately?
Yes. After helpful feedback from many families, we have returned to a two-step process where you do need to use the additional Smart Tuition enrollment link to make your financial arrangements and pay for your enrollment up-front. Please be sure to log in as a returning user with your Smart Tuition credentials. Need to check your Smart Tuition Account? Please head here.
When I choose tuition plans can I select to mail my payments in via check?
Our Re-Enrollment form only allows you to choose ACH (electronic checks) or Debit/Credit cards for tuition planning. However, Smart Tuition will still collect payments via mail-in check, your bank checks, etc.
If you would like to change to this or, change your payment choices you may always log into your Smart Tuition account (or call them) and change your plan to your preferred choice. This must be done before the first invoices are created (before June) so please be sure any changes are made before then.