Statement of Faith
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Maranatha Christian Academy is a ministry of Eastern Kansas Christian Schools, it is interdenominational in its attitude and emphasis. The school stands and operates firmly on the changeless Word of God as expressed in the following statement of historic evangelical Christianity.
- We Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- We Believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We Believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His Resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We Believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We Believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We Believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We Believe that marriage is a God-created sacrament, which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture, (Numbers 30:2; James 5:12), and that God designed the marital relationship to be the exclusive means for sexual intimacy (Hebrews 13:4).
- We Believe in the sanctity of all human life, including the pre-born from conception, and consider each person to be of infinite value and each life a gift from God to be cherished, nurtured and redeemed. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6; Psalm139:13-16; Luke1:44).
- We Believe when disputes, disagreements, or other offenses arise among members of the body of Christ, it is a matter of grave concern for the whole body. Conflicts that occur in the body should be resolved promptly (Matthew 5:23-24; Ephesians 4:26-27). We believe God calls us to proceed with one another with “the same attitude that was in Christ Jesus”, (Philippians 2:5) and to follow Biblical principles for conflict resolution (Matthew 18).