It is Winterfest Week!
Dress out to show school spirit!
- Tuesday, Feb 5th: Camo Day (camouflage)
- Wednesday, Feb 6th: Dress like your parents! (either when they were in high school, or as they dress today)
- Thursday, Feb 7th: Meme or Vine Day (MUST be appropriate and modest)
- Friday, Feb 8th: Green, Black and White day!
- 4:30 pm JV boys
- 6:00 pm Varsity girls
- Recognition and Crowning of court
- 7:30 pm (approx.) Varsity boys
- (Proceeds from concession sales support the 10th grade class. No outside food, please!)
- Shooting contests throughout the games with alumni.Parents of the entire court or just the senior court may be invited down to compete in a friendly game like musical chairs!
Tonight at the MCA home basketball games there will be .25 (cent) cake!
Because the Seniors of the Class of 2019 have done it! Last year, MCA launched “Project 25.” Project 25 is a focused academic program aimed at helping MCA students reach new heights measured by ACT scores. This plan focuses on strengthening core educational development without compromising MCA’s mission of developing students with a Biblical worldview.
The class ACT average is 25! Congratulations, Class of 2019! Your piece of cake is free!
So tonight, let’s celebrate the Class of 2019’s hard work, thank the teachers for their hard work, and eat cake!
Boys JV 4:30
Girls Varsity 6:00
Boys Varsity 7:30Read More
Free ACT Help for MCA Juniors and Seniors!
Kaplan (with Naviance) is Hosting a FREE last-minute ACT Bootcamp just in time to help you improve your scores!
ACT® Bootcamp Live
Fit last-minute ACT prep into your schedule with interactive livestreaming sessions taught by Kaplan experts. Cover English, Reading, Math, and Science in two 90 minute sessions.
When: Monday, February 4, 2019, at 6:30 pm
Where: Eagle Eatery on the South Campus (Please enter through the Elementary entrance)
We will have a drawing for a $500 Tuition coupon. All parents who attend will receive an entry form for the drawing and are eligible to win!
On the Agenda:
- Re-enrollment Information: Dates, Tuition, Savings for early Re-enrollment, How to re-enroll, How to apply for tuition assistance
- Great things going on at MCA!
- Highlighting Science and Art
- Opportunity to meet our new 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Cynthia Prowell, and to tour the 6th grade classrooms.
We will also have an “Appy Hour” at 5:30 pm for parents who have technology questions about any of our school’s programs and desire help from our IT gentlemen. Appy Hour will be in the Eagle Eatery.
I look forward to seeing you all on February 4th for our MCA Winter Update!
Head of SchoolRead More
MCA Boys Basketball has moved into the top ten!
Class 2A boys
1. Central Plains
4. Elbing-Berean Academy
5. Pittsburg St. Mary’s Colgan
7. Jefferson County North
9. Howard-West Elk
10. Maranatha Academy
View pregame, in-game and post-game details from the Wamego (KS) vs. Maranatha Christian Academy (Shawnee, KS) tournament basketball game on Wed, 1/16/2019.
Secondary Students in Grades 7 – 8:
The following 7th and 8th grade students were participants:
Sarah Boyles, Emily Stalec, Olivia Bertock, Emme Mestemacher, Brennan Walla, Josh O’Keith, Blake Higginbotham, Aiden Emanuels, Kyan Couch, Malakia Rehfeld, Tucker Peterson, and Caden Pinter.
We commend all students who chose to compete.
The following students qualified to move on the Area Math Olympics
Sarah Boyles, Emily Stalec, Blake Higginbotham, Aiden Emanuels, Malakia Rehfeld, Tucker Peterson, and Caden Pinter.
(Competition will be held on Feb. 22 at Plaza Heights in Blue Springs, MO.)
The following students placed individually in their categories:
1st Place: Malakai Rehfeld
2nd Place: Blake Higginbotham and Tucker Peterson
What fantastic accomplishments for these students!!Read More
Did you know?
- The latest National average on ACT tests was 20.8.
- The average for last year’s Kansas high schools was 21.7.
- MCA’s juniors and seniors that have taken the ACT tests this year are averaging 23.8!
So far this year, MCA is scoring 2 points above the State average and 3 points above the National Average!
Rigorous academic education, dual credit classes, outstanding teachers and dedicated students, along with our ACT boot camps, are paying off. Congratulations MCA!
Our next ACT boot camp is April 6th. Students have raised their previous ACT score up to 4 points after taking the Boot Camp! #workhard. #worksmart.
Explore our Course & Career Counseling Page to find more information on Duel Enrollment, Testing, Financial Aid and more!Read More