Maranatha Christian Academy has several things that we believe make us unique but none is more important than our commitment to excellent Christian education.
We believe that a Christian education ought to strive to be the very best education for this not only glorifies the Lord (1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:17) but starts with the Lord (Proverbs 9:10). Further, the chief method that the Lord uses in educating believers is his own Word (Psalms 19; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.)
Below are several distinctives about MCA.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God (II Tim. 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19: John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33);
- His virgin birth (Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35);
- His sinless life (Heb. 4:15, 7:26);
- His miracles (John 2:11);
- His vicarious and atoning death (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9);
- His resurrection (John 11:25; I Cor. 15:4);
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Rev. 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Rom. 3:23, 5:8-9; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life; and that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Rom. 8:13-14; I Cor. 3:16, 6:19-20; Eph. 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that marriage is a God-created sacrament, which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture, (Num. 30:2; Jam. 5:12), and that God created the marital relationship to be the exclusive means for sexual intimacy (Heb. 13:4).
- We believe in the sanctity of all human life, including the pre-born from conception, and consider each person to be of infinite value and each life a gift from God to be cherished, nurtured and redeemed. (Gen. 1:27; Gen. 9:6; Psa. 139:13-16; Luke 1:44).
- We believe that when disputes, disagreements, or other offenses arise among members of the body of Christ, it is a matter of grave concern for the whole body. Conflicts that occur in the body should be resolved promptly (Matt. 5:23-24; Eph. 4:26-27). We believe God calls us to proceed with one another with “the same attitude that was in Christ Jesus,” (Phil. 2:5) and to follow Biblical principles for conflict resolution (Matt. 18).
M Magnify Christ in Worship, Word, and Deed
C Create Vibrant Christian Character
A Achieve Academic Distinction
E Pursue Excellence in Everything
A Actively Serve Others
G Give Generously
L Build Leaders to Become World Changers
E Ensure a Safe, Nurturing, and Consistent Environment
S Encourage School Spirit
MCA recognizes God as the final authority in all things. God has chosen to present Himself and All of His truth in the Holy Scriptures, The Holy Bible. The Holy Bible therefore serves as the final authority in all matters in the administration and operation of Maranatha Christian Academy.
The direct administrator is the authority at MCA on a day to day basis. Within the schools, the Principal is the decision maker, under the authority and guidance of the Head of School and ultimately the School Board.
The Head of School is the final authority at MCA, under the authority and guidance of the School Board, and is ultimately responsible to the Lord Jesus Christ. As Truman’s desk plaque said, “The Buck Stops Here.” At MCA, the Buck Stops at the Head of School.