MCA is Proud to Announce the Fall Theatrical Production of Jane Austen’s Emma.
Of all Austen’s novels, Emma is the most consistently comic in tone. It centres on Emma Woodhouse, a wealthy, pretty, self-satisfied young woman who indulges herself with meddlesome and unsuccessful attempts at matchmaking among her friends and neighbours. After a series of humiliating errors, a chastened Emma finds her destiny in marriage to the mature and protective George Knightley, a neighbouring squire who had been her mentor and friend.
August 20 & 21 at 6pm,
August 22 at 3:30pm.
Stage experience is not required.
If you have any questions please contact Ted Hanlon of the Fine Arts Department.
We are looking for great families like you! You know other great families who have not yet enrolled at MCA, who would value a Christian education. Share your favorite stories about MCA and give them a referral card!
- Pass out the 5 (yes, you can do more!) cards, with your name on them, to those you know at church, from a game, at a social event, at scouts, or in your neighborhood.
- In order to earn the reward, the families you refer must be new to MCA as of 6/22/18.
- Ask the new family to give your name as the person who referred them. You will have written it on the card. This is how we will know you gave them the card.
- If the new family completes the enrollment process for their children at MCA and joins the MCA family, your family’s Smart Tuition account will be credited $500 per child you referred, on the September 2018, statement.
- If you’d like to also call Mrs. Wilde, our Admissions Director, and let her know who you have referred and give them their contact information, she’s happy to follow-up with them as well. Wilde’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org and her phone number is (913) 631-0637.
Download Cards Here Right Now!
- How many $500 rewards can I earn?
It’s up to you! One referral could amount to having a family with multiple children enroll. If that happens, you’d receive a reward of $500/child they enroll. We are asking that you pass out at least 5 cards to those you know. However, the sky is the limit, up to paying off your entire family tuition for the school year.
- Where can I get more cards to pass out?
We have a stack of extra cards available in the offices. Drop by and pick up some extra cards. The more, the merrier!
- What can the $500 reward be used for?
The reward money can be used for tuition only. It will be credited to your Smart Tuition account in September 2018, for those whose referral families enroll their children.
STEP # 1: Sign your name here and consider adding your contact information. Put the cards in your purse, wallet, car, office, so you’ll have them with you wherever you go.
STEP #2: When you see another wonderful family, like you, share your MCA story and give them a card. Invite them to call Mrs. Wilde for a tour. The application packet is online at www.mca-eagles.org. Ask the family to give your name as the referral family so we can give you credit.
BONUS STEP: Email Mrs. Wilde and tell her who you gave your cards to and their contact information and she will follow up with them as well. Her email is email@example.com.
FINALLY: Come and get more cards to pass out to more families! I wonder who will earn the most toward their family’s tuition this year. Game’s On!
Maranatha Christian Academy is the Christian College Fair Host for the Kansas City Area!
Mark your calendars for:
Monday, September 24
A 4.21 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Ranked fifth in a class of 35. Earned four varsity letters in soccer, basketball and track. First-team all-conference in soccer. Academic all-state in basketball and competed in state track meet. Participated in student government. National Honor Society. Eighty-five hours of community service.
College: John Brown
Also nominated: Elizabeth Goodman
Source: Meet the 100-plus KC Star Boys Scholar-Athlete school winners for 2018
Jax Holland, Brock West, Blake Knight and Mitchell Peacher broke Maranatha’s 4×400-meter relay record with a third-place time of 3:29.67 at the state meet. Holland also took third in the long jump to earn another medal for the Eagles.
Source: Maranatha boys 4×400 relay breaks school record, takes 3rd at state meet
Exciting news! There is a new, free ACT Academy. This is a platform that was just started this spring by the ACT organization. ACT Academy enables students to create an account, take practice ACT tests and will also track the student’s strengths and weaknesses to provide help in areas where needed. ACT® AcademyTM is now open at act.org/academy.
Another exciting opportunity we have is our new MCA ACT Boot Camp, created in partnership with Sylvan of Shawnee, where our students can take a one-day Boot Camp in preparation for the ACT, right here on our own campus! Want more information? See here.
Do you have more questions?
Contact the MCA College Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s hard to believe that the school year is now officially over! In just the last few weeks, we’ve had the pleasure of celebrating the graduations of our Kinder-Prep students as well as our High School students. We’ve been able to honor our Kinder-Prep, K-6 and 7-12th graders with Character and Academic Awards. The bands and choirs have performed, fourteen members of our Varsity Track team qualified for State, and yesterday we had a Staff Breakfast, Worship, and Awards time together and many staff members received recognition for the great work they have done this year. It’s been an incredible year!
Our theme for this year has been “New Beginnings” and working together, we’ve seen the Lord Jesus do amazing things in our midst.
This school year, we’ve experienced:
- Top Awards in the ACSI Spelling Bee, including one student who competed regionally. MCA hosted the ACSI Spelling Bee on our campus.
- Top Awards in the ACSI Elementary Mathematics competition at three different levels of competition.
- A student earned a Perfect Score on the English portion of the ACT and 5 seniors who earned an ACT composite score of 32 or above, which is in the top 3% of the nation.
- MCA raised $110,000 in a $100,000 Matching Gift Challenge with 117 families participating in giving.
- State Champions in multiple sports
- MCA was the host for the GPACS Student Leadership Conference.
- School community coming together to be family to other MCA family members in need due to medical circumstances, house fire, and financial challenges.
- Height of school spirit and enthusiasm at all levels.
- New STEM Elementary LEGO After-school program.
- Excellent Chapels, Worship times, and discipleship groups
- New MCA Core Values that focus on our Christian worldview.
I want to thank our incredible staff for their diligence and dedication, their continuous uplifting of the students before the Throne and the family atmosphere they inspire as they teach and mentor the students.
Thank you to the families of MCA who are so supportive, encouraging, inclusive, and known for serving one another. We appreciate your coming alongside and helping to do the work of the ministry!
I have the privilege of working alongside the Board, as a member of the Board, and I am so impressed with the genuineness, integrity, dedication and service that our school board demonstrates daily. We are truly blessed!
The students of MCA are truly extraordinary! They are respectful, compassionate, diligent, intelligent, and family oriented. They excel on the court and fields, earn amazing scores on the ACT and are wonderful to interact with, from the Kinder-Prep classrooms, to Elementary, Jr. High, and High School. MCA students are the BEST!
FUN FACTS TO SHARE:
- Years of Ministry as a School: 44 years
- Scholarships Earned by this year’s 35 Seniors: $957,234
- Senor Graduation Rate: 100%
- Seniors who Scored a 28 or Above on the ACT: 37%, Top 10% in the Nation
- Dual Credit (College credit hours) a student can earn while a student at MCA: 36
- Average College credit hrs. earned by this year’s HS graduates: 24
- Eligible Students involved in Multiple Sports: 65%
- Number of Students involved in Fall Sports: 88%
- Students who received scholarships to play sports in college: 2
- Drama Productions performed this year: 2 Cinderella and One Foot in Heaven
- Dually Accredited by AdvancEd and ACSI.
Thanks for a GREAT year! Have a most wonderful summer!
Mrs. Janet Fogh, Head of School
MCA is excited to announce our “A.C.T. Boot Camps!”
Working in conjunction with Sylvan of Shawnee, MCA college-bound students have an opportunity they will not want to miss. Mark your calendars now and plan to attend one of the dates set aside exclusively for MCA students to prepare for the A.C.T.!
Download the flier for your fridge today!
Register Now for this year’s MCA Summer Sports Camp!
Each summer, about hundreds of students participate in a wide variety of camps and activities at Maranatha Christian Academy. Sign up now!
Please complete the entry form and return it along with your camp fee to:
Maranatha Christian Academy’s District Offices at:
6826 Lackman Road
Shawnee, KS 66217
Students enjoy participating in camps highlighting soccer, volleyball, basketball, football, cheerleading and a conditioning camp called Sportsmetrics (a camp that deals with strengthening the core and muscle groups to help avoid injuries).
“We had some dynamite coaches working with our kids from grades second through twelfth.”
– Dave Keener, Athletic Director and Dean of Students.
Maranatha fosters the development of Christian values in our students, raising them up into people of integrity. So many of the coaches used a daily theme for their campers to incorporate character qualities into their camps.
“The enthusiasm of the eager learners was encouraging to see” – Mr. Keener
This past year, several guest instructors made special appearances during girls and boys basketball camps.
“They were highly experienced players who had great testimonies of where God had taken them in the sport and how it changed their lives; the kids enjoyed hearing those experiences.”
“I truly appreciate the coaches here at MCA, who are highly skilled in their sport and do an exceptional job at working to build their programs through the younger ages. They planted many seeds this summer that we hope will bear fruit in the MCA sports programs for years to come.”
MCA Eagles KinderPrep Summer Camp
Registration Opens April 1st!
Who is Camp for?
- Camp is open for all Preschool-aged children
When is Camp?
- Session 1 runs from May 29th through June 29th
- Session 2 runs from July 5th through August 3rd
What?, Where?, Summer? AHHH!!! I need all the info!
- We gotcha! Head to the page we set up just for you!:
- Spaces are limited so enroll soon!
- Share our camp info with your friends to share a summer to remember!